Need to catch a crab, or two.

LBFish

Reefing newb
I have two small crabs in my tank that I can't ID because they stay hidden in the rocks most of the time. And when I do see them, I can't see enough of them to get a good picture. I'm thinking one of them might be a gorilla crab.

So, any suggestions on how I go about catching them?

Starve them a day or two and lure them out with a piece of shrimp tied to some fishing line. When the crab grabs a hold of it gently pull it up and out of the tank. Be ready with a net. Good luck.

Starve them a day or two and lure them out with a piece of shrimp tied to some fishing line. When the crab grabs a hold of it gently pull it up and out of the tank. Be ready with a net. Good luck.

You stole my post.:mrgreen:
BTW
+1 David:Cheers:

I am in the middle or a crab war in my biocube. I just recently killed a gorilla crab. I was not trying to I just moved a piece of live rock, and there he was sitting there in a lil hole, so I took it out and hit him with a hammer. I have a stone crab that I see everyonce in a while but can not get him out. I have had no luck bating him, and when I do see him by the time I get the net he is gone. It is driving me crazy.

I`ve used this way a few times and it works good. Take a glass and put it in your tank. Have it tilted on some rock. Put some meaty item in the bottom of the glass. The crab will walk down to get the food but wont be able to walk back up the glass.You now have a captured crab.

Back