Need To Vent!!!!!!!!

I was just curious cause algae and plants compete for the same nutrients the plants usually win, it may have died due to the fact that there was too much algae and not enough plants Just a suggestion get some plants and try that, whats the worst that could happen you have tried everything else.

What other kinda of plants are there? I was going to add more macro when I get off my lazy butt and set up my fuge.LOL I have all the stuff here to set it up, but I just have to get motivated. You think the algae prob would motivate me though wouldnt you. LOL Oh another reason it might have died is because I had it shipped in cold weather and when I got it, the heat packs were'nt hot, or I just put too much in and it crashed (I put a softball size clump in) but it did do a great job for that week it did live.

there are a ton of saltwater plants out there grapes, macro, callurpa, not only would your tank benefit from it but it looks good as well do you have a sump or refugium??

Not yet. I just wrote in the last post I have all the stuff here at home, I just have to get off my but and make it and also order some more macro. Well I put my pcs back on the tank, and they have been on for 3 1/2 hours and no sign of algae yet. Thats a first. It just might be getting used to the stronger light though.

just remember that plants let off co2 when the lights are out so i would put plants in the sump/refugium as well and run you lights on when one set is off then you have continous oxygen.

try chaetomorpha sp. in the fuge. if this is what you had before and it dies it suggests that there are either not enough nutrients in the tank for the algae to survive or that is not getting enough flow. Chaeto also likes to tumble in the tank and without good water movement there will be much of the chaeto that dosn't recieve light. if water movement through your sump is not enough to tumble the chaeto go with calurpa and a 24/7 light cycle.

here is were to buy a hang on fuge i have one with chaeto, live sand, red mangroves, live rock in it cheapest price you will find compared to others only downside is it comes in pieces and you have to put it together i have a 30" on my tank cause i have no were in living room or under stand to put a sump. It will come with rubberbands to hold it together while you cement acrylic together, which it does come with cement it comes with all pieces to put together no light or pump though. i got picture of mine in my photo gallery if you would like to see iit, i got tons of pods like isopods and copepods, amphipods breading like crazy in hang on fuge and now there everywhere. But more importantly i have macro algae growiing to help lower nitrates and phosphates. Below is link to ebay store

eBay Store - refugium: aquarium sump, wet dry filter, reef

in first baffle is nothing but small feather dusters so thats cool cause they are good water polishers/filter feeders.

Thats what I'm making, a hob out of a 5 gal acrylic tank. I dont have room under my stand and the tank is in a corner so I have plenty of room on the back.

well hopefully buy next weekend i wont be fighting phosphates just ordered a kent phos reactor and a powerhead and a 4 Liter bucket of seachem phosguard

remora pro/with rio 2500 uprgraded to bigger pump on mine feed flakes every three days not much not enough to hurt water, and brine/mysis shrimp. But when i started back in july with this 125 i was using faucet water with drops and for past month been using ro/di now that i bought a unit mine has been getting better just gonna use phos reactor as back up for keeping water in check, gonna use phosguard and carbon in reactor. So my phosphate problem is getting better no more red cyano problems hair algae almost down to none whatever little bit i see my tangs take care of. Out of curiousity what is a good name brand flake food.

Im running a prizim deluxe, and feeding bio blend to the damsel and two clowns every 3 days, the star a piece of oyster every 3 to 5 days. I also added a watchman goby to move the sand around a little, so I will be feeding him to, and from what I read they have to be feed every day.

had to make a bigger surface skimmer box for bigger pump on rio used in tank refugium for a surface skim/bubble trap on my remora pro, and since bigger pump water quality been doing good since phosphate going down finally seeing corraline algae again

i have both remora and prizm pro deluxe i use the media basket for carbon also both put out great just got to know how to adjust prizm skimmer now i got it figured out it does just as good as remora honestly

Back