need your input...

kimoy

CERTIFIED BUM
i am thinking of going 20K on my halides and 10K for the T5. so in other words i will used a blue halides and supplement it with T5 daylight for added growth. does anyone done this? if so what are the results? and if you have pics that would be great. and what kind of bulbs are you using(brand and wattage).

personally i would go with 2 x 250w 10K Reeflux metal halides and 2 x 54w 460 actinics. this combitination should give you a bright white look. i say 10K for coral growth and the actinics for aesthetic appeal for you, but since you are looking for a more BLUE look ... i would just suppemant the 10K's with more T5 actinics.

Last edited:
I personally like bluer color, so I don't think what you want to do is that weird sounding, although 2 250 w 20K MH will way overpower 2 54 w 10K T5s. I don't think you'll even notice the T5s, in my opinion. That might even be too blue, have you thought about something in the middle, like 14K MH instead?

Im running 15 K on my Mh and lovin the color, they put out,
Newcamandlight012.jpg

heres a shot of the tank all lights on .
light009.jpg

light011.jpg

Im running 15 K on my Mh and lovin the color, they put out,

Lion, if you notice little or no polyp extension from SPS corals, it will be from the super low par of the XM 15k bulbs. you will have to move them up higher in the tank. the XM 20k bulbs actually have better par than the 15k's. just a little side note for you.

i got a fixture like lionfish but on the pc lights i run 50/50 bulbs and 15k halides and thinking of switching to 20k on halides.

My PC's will be 50/50 next order.

I wasnt aware of the par on the 15's being less than the 20's . hummm

Should I swich to 10K or go 20? WOW I love the color of the 15's so I will most likely do the 10K's

Yeah my SPS is up twards the top, with a lil polyp extention... sould I be

tool is awesome, glad to see everyone likes real music.
tool
a perfect circle
saliva
static x
pantera
linkin park
type o negative
DISTURBED
powerman 5000
system of the down
SLIPKNOT
godsmack

tons more just ordered the new 80 gig zune so i can load it up and take to work with me

i even got a logitech 500 watt surround sound on computer so i can jam
love heavy metal and alternative

Nice

ya forgot mudvayne, mushroomhead, Korn, Rob zombie, GWAR ect... lol I hear ya cant name em all,
just throw up a
Rock.jpg

and go about my day,

Back