nemo

Status
Not open for further replies.

nate7124

Reefing newb
I got a clown fish 3 days ago but all he wants to do is hang out at the top of the tank. I had my water tested and everything was good, i'm new at saltwater fish so i was just wondering if it is normal for these fish to do that. everything else in my tank is doing good.

I think that your water is not ready yet for the fish,but I could be wrong.What else is in the tank with it?Does it look like it is breathing hard?What tempature is your water.If it is to warm they will have trouble breathing.If eveything is in order it may be shy try some live brine shrimp.They really like that stuff

Last edited:
It is normal for clownfish to hang out in one spot......but there could be other reasons.

Answer these questions please:

1. How long has your tank been set up?
2. How did you cycle your tank?
3. What are your test readings?
A)Ammonia?
B)Nitrite?
C)PH?
4. What is your salinity level?
5. Water Temp?

thanks for your help my clown seems to have calmed down now he is just swimming around so mabe it will be ok but thanks again.

If you get the time it would still be good for you to post the answer to these questions for future reference.

Glad he's doing good!

Wow this is an old thread put mine is doing the same thing but everything else is fine all the fish and inverts:sfish:

My clowns wouldn't leave the top part of tha tank initially either. It was a combination of them getting adjusted and me getting power heads tha caused them to drop down.

Clowns are a very territorial animal. Mine have a little cave in the live rock. They hangout there most of the day. They swim from one side of the tank to the other a few times a day but for the most part they stay in their little area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back