Neon Dottyback

OLDONE

Reefing newb
I have a Neon Dottyback in the aquarium and it is really a "character". They sure are beautiful fish. Any one else have any in their aquariums?:)

I got one. She's hilarious. She just inspects everything I put in the tank and she likes to hide in the rocks at night

I was give my saltwater aquarium in June of 2016. The Dottyback came with it and other fish. They are a blast. I think they are the most beautiful of all the Dottybacks. Too bad you couldn't have a tank full of them. Trouble is they are very territorial. What do you feed your Dottyback? I am lucky as I live near the ocean and can go out on very low tides and get clams. I also feed it and the other fish cooked shrimp, salmon, halibut, frozen deer heart and commercial fish food. It is spoiIed as it will no longer eat the fish food. It has a huge mouth and large teeth for such a small fish.

Last edited:
I would say it likes the cooked shrimp, deer heart, salmon, halibut and commercial fish food in that order. Is there a way to tell the sex of Neon Dottybacks?

Back