Neptune Apex Jr

emily120289

Reefing newb
Looking for someone with experience with this controller.. my question is, if my tank gets above say 78.0 degrees is it possible to program the controller to kill the power to my heater until it drops down to 78? what are my options? Id also rather not run any fans. thanks :)

I have been looking at the same controller, from what I understand yes you can set the heater to turn off at any temp. you can also have it turn your lights off at a temp setting. You can even have it turn a fan on when it reaches a temp. In addition by adding a float value you can use it to control your ATO

Thank you very much! The only reason I dont want to run any fans is, I have a canopy on top of my 37g .. I dont want to have to cut openings in either end of my canopy to insert a fan.. but are there any fans that clip on to the side of the tank, and would fit under a canopy?..

I have a small clip on fan I got at Walmart, they are hard to find this time of year its a seasonal item. Many people have the fan on the sump. That way the fan is not seen at all.

I'm sure it can handle programming like that. Its one of the main reasons to run a controller. From what I understand, the Apex is easier to program to get it to do things like that. I am currently debating between a Apex and a Reefkeeper myself

Back