nerite snails

bullitt21

Reefing newb
has anyone ever bought any of these snails(nerite)?i bought ten today and they are going to town on my algae.are they reef safe?

I bought 3 for my 46g along with about 70 other various snails.
Don't know which are doing what but everything seems good.

these are some damn good snail.within 1hr they have my sump almost clean.rock and glass.iam going to buy about 50-60 more.thanks for you input it is well needed.

Where are you buying them from?
If locally I suppose you could just buy a few at a time until things even out in your tank.
If online, I can recommend reefcleaners.org. Use the form on their site to give specifics about your tank and John will email you back with his suggestion. This is what I did and so far it's working out very well. The only algae i need to clean is the powdery film on the glass.

Yes they are reef safe and great cleaners, and next time you should probably ask that question before you buy an animal and add it to your tank ;)

all my nerites died really fast because they fall down and their weird shell makes it hard for them to right themselves. Keep your eye out.

has anyone ever bought any of these snails(nerite)?i bought ten today and they are going to town on my algae.are they reef safe?

well i dont have anything but snail and hermits.so what would it hurt now?

You tell me, you asked if they were reef safe. If they were not reef safe, you'd have an impossible time catching them all and removing them.

Which is why I said you should find out if an animal is reef safe before you add it to the tank. Asking after you add it is a little too late.

Back