Netting to cover fish tank?

Altohombre

The Tennis Pro Reefer
I have a 45 long that is going to be a FOWLR so I don't care as much about light getting through. I want it to hold a snowflake eel and some other fish. I have a huge HOB protein skimmer that makes covering the tank a biotch. So I was thinking of using some kind of netting or screen, but I figured the screen would rust. I don't want to use egg crate because I think the eel would find a way to escape. Any thoughts of what I may be able to use?

I have had several glass tops made at a local glass shop. The one for my 150 only cost $34. Just measure, order, and then silicone the two pices together with a fat bead across the top while they are on the tank. Also Home Depot has cabinet handles that work nice (I used some sweet brushed nickel ones). Just draw up a basic blue print that allows clearance for the skimmer and whatever else. The whole for the sklimmer will allow air circulation.

(But I don't use the glass top in the summer, its egg crate time)

I picked upp some fiberglass screen netting and velcro and have fashioned it to the top of my tank. Working out pretty well except that I have to figure out how to make a door opening to feed the fish and how to fashion it around my protein skimmer without it sagging.

Back