new 46 bow front

ace37

Boom goes the Dynamite
This is my 46 bow front on day two. Right now I have forty pounds of live sand and four pounds of live rock.

Attachments

• 2012-02-26_21-35-59_303.jpg
    2012-02-26_21-35-59_303.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 1,562
Just my opinion but id add another bag of substrate. I have same tank and ended up adding another bag a year later. Nice start tho. WHat else can you tell us about your system, IE lighting filtration ect

Well I am new to this I have a penguin 200 filter which i plan on upgrading later once the tank is established. 250 watt heater, Koralia 1400 gph powerhead, instant ocean 100 protein skimmer. I also have eight pounds of regular rock. Hopefully turns into live rock in a couple months.

Hello and Welcome!

I would add more rocks :) lots more rocks. You can get really cheap dry rock at marcorocks.com. And it will all become live after you cycle tank, which usually takes a few weeks.

I would also add another powerhead. You want your tank turned over around 30x per hour.

And ideas about what you want to do with the tank?

I have plans to add about fifty more pounds of rock. I would like for the tank to eventually become a full blown coral reef.

I have plans to add about fifty more pounds of rock. I would like for the tank to eventually become a full blown coral reef.

Thats what i figured....and shes right so take her advice on the more flow for sure/rock ect...but like i said, i figured as not all of us have the $$$ to just dump into it intially.....its a start tho...your wet.

Ya have about 700 in it right now and I know its expensive but I also know my son will love it. We could not get him away from the tanks at the store. So to me its money well spent.

Having enough rocks and flow IMO is critical enough to purchase when you start up your tank. Cuz you need if you only have fish or if you have corals. But you can save up for lights, fish dont need fancy lights.

Seriously u should do it now........speaking from someone that knows your tank...id make that sand bed deeper. Idk Hannah has the same tank, diff sub.....i sriously wished i would went deeper with my sand and wont make the same mistake twice.

That is, if you want a deeper sand bed. Mine is only a half inch or so, I dont personally care for the look of a inch of sand at the bottom.

Added a fire goby two days ago. He loves the tank. The tank is handling the bioload well. Only a couple more weeks and I can start adding some coral and clown fish

Attachments

• 2012-02-28_07-26-29_481.jpg
    2012-02-28_07-26-29_481.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 396
I am going to be patient. I suck at being patient but I am trying to be. The tank is less than a week in. so I dont want to add anything else while it cycles. The goby is what the pet store told me to put in there. I know having fish while cycling is frowned upon but I did not know that till after. He seems to be doing well. He likes to hide in all the holes.

Back