New 75 gallon recommendations

lochelle

Reefing newb
so this is the exact setup i have

Top Fin® 75 Gallon Aquarium Hood Combo - Fish - PetSmart

and nothing else..

I have decided on the Hawaiian black sand Marine Reef Aquarium Substrates: Arag-Alive

and I am going to go with this salt Saltwater Aquarium Salts: Oceanic Natural Sea Salt Mix

i have also looked into live rock on liveaquaria.com..they seem to have good prices and good reviews..

but other than that..im clueless..there are just sooooo many choices..

One problem I do have..as you can see by the picture..I do not really have room for a sump..the bottom shelf would be perfect..if i did not have a very curious 3 year old..so there is no telling what would end up in it..most likely my 1 year old..

So I have looked into the HOB fuges with the built in skimmer..i am just not sure..

so i need advice on..well..everything..

thanks in advance for any and all help!

I would say look into a HOB fuge (by it self). I would also look into a HOB skimmer (stand alone). CPR makes some, Reef Octopus makes some really food ones. I'd avaoid the Fuge/skimmer all in one units myself.

If you are going to keep any corals you are going to need to upgrade the lights. Also, save your money by buying dry rock and just a couple pounds of live rock. It will seed the rest of your tank in no time. Plus when they ship that stuff, most of it dies off. If you do want to buy all live rock, then the best place to get it is Live Rock - Tampa Bay Saltwater Aquacultured Live Rock . The best place to get dry rock is Marco Rocks The finest aquarium rock available or the above link.

But liveaqauira is a great place to buy livestock and check out the needs of you livestock.

I have a 75g also. +1 littlefish dry rock will turn live in no time. Took mine a month and a half to cycle with live sand and 20 pounds of live rock.

Back