New addition.

most anemones inflate and deflate with water several times during the course of the day as part of their feeding and expelling waste cycle. it is totally normal. if they stay shriveled, that is a problem, or if they never stop roaming, that too is a sign of problems. Sounds like yours is happy. Best of luck to you and congrats on the purchase.

-Dr Marco :sfish:

update: So far so good. It has colored up alot since I bought it and it had good color when I got. It is also eating very well, hasn't moved or bothered anything in the tank. An excelent addition so far. Here is a new pic, but it really desn't do it justice, the real color is a dark purple almost all the way down its tentacles.
mypictures183.jpg
[/IMG]
mypictures184.jpg
[/IMG]

Thanks. For somereason the pics are coming out really green. The XM bulb I added is yellow but not near that bad, and it makes the nem look more green but he's really dark purple.

No. I know they're not a natural host. I'm hoping for it to thrive and if it does over a period of time I'm going to try another BTA or seaba anemone. I tried a BTA before and it went strait down hill as soon as I got it, but I think it was already not doing good. Looked great, but I touched it to move it to the tank it had no stickyness what so ever and never ate and eventually died a slow death. I don't want to do that again so I'm experimenting with this cheap condy.

good call. they can be difficult. Mine have starte moving all over my tank and I am getting irritated. They had better stop cuz it is making me relocate corals as they get too close and sting them.

-Doc

What nems do you have? The BTA I tried moved everywere, but the condy has stayed in the spot I put him in 1 month ago.

I currently have 2 BTAs. They stayed put for a week or two after moving them into the 90, but since then, they have been more active in moving around. They take turns moving, looking for just the "right place" I guess. I am not super concerned until they stop opening up. I just have to move a coral or two as they decide where to take up shop.

-Doc

my condy stayed right where I put him for a long time. I think he only moved once. and that was a few inches. now the bubble tip, that sucker never stayed in one place. he roamed around until he found a power head. the end.

Ok thanks. I thought about a sebea but they're supposed to be harder to keep than a BTA that the only reason I picked BTAs. I'll have to do more researc on them and figure out which will work the best for me.

Back