New addition

I thought you didn't like wrasses? Lol I love my six line. Cute little additions. Love the flame angel. Keep us updated on whether it picks on your corals or not. I think they 50/50 with that.

I was wondering if anyone was going to pick up on that! Sigh. I ended up with a wrasse. After all my wrasse bashing :) I do NOT like the flasher/fairy ones. I debated about the whole coral eating thing with the angel and it boiled down to, I'd rather have a dramatic fish than my zoas and palys, corals just don't rock my world. I love my duncan but the others? Eh. I know, I know, I'm weird.

I'd knew that get a reaction! My Duncan is the only coral that I think is cool, the rest are just...there. I hate frags. There, I said it. I wish I hadn't bought any and just bought 1 or 2 big ol' pieces. Anyone who wants my frags, come and get 'em. I'm not patient :) I miracle grow the living daylights out of my shrubs and plants all spring and summer. Grow darn it!

Ya know, I bought reef chili a while ago and only used it once or twice. It's got phyto, maybe I'll step up my usage to once a week if you think that'll help. Grow frags, grow....

I'd knew that get a reaction! My Duncan is the only coral that I think is cool, the rest are just...there. I hate frags. There, I said it. I wish I hadn't bought any and just bought 1 or 2 big ol' pieces. Anyone who wants my frags, come and get 'em. I'm not patient :) I miracle grow the living daylights out of my shrubs and plants all spring and summer. Grow darn it!

I'm actually the same way, I don't really like hard corals because they're pointless to me, I don't like frags.. I'm really just a big Duncan fan too... I like the way they move with the water, really anything that moves with the flow of the water... I like brains though, only cause they're colorful... I have a hard time seeing the difference is SPS, LPS, all that mumble jumble.

That's funny, here I thought I was the only one. Maybe we'll start an "Ambivalent about Corals" club.
I'm contemplating just ordering a bunch more Duncans, you're right, the way they move is awesome.

Not the only one anymore :bounce:

What else do you have in your tank coral wise??

I'm looking to get a few more things, but not sure what yet, I like the look of a Green Toadstool Mushroom, or a Lavender Mushroom.

I have a blue mushroom. Yawn. An orange ric mushroom, a green ric mushroom, double yawn. (I'm just kidding, but they really aren't that exciting) I have some zoas and some "palys" I randomly got with an order. They are larger and more noticeable. And I have my Duncan. I haven't really bought much as it hasn't interested me. Maybe as they all spread, I know it will take a while and maybe in a year I will have a totally different take on it.

Did you make a tank thread? I'd love to see a pic of it...

So mushrooms are a yawn? Lol why didn't you go to FOWLR if reefs doesn't interest you all that much since the lighting costs are a big factor to why people don't go reef.

I love my tank, and I do have a tank thread. It's called Sarah's 60 gallon or something, my pics stink tho fu man, just so you know, you've been warned :)
I hear ya about the FOWLR! I went with sort of a controversial light for corals since I knew I never wanted to keep SPS but I already had my Duncan in my biocube and loved him so I just continued on with the reef tank when I got my bigger tank.
Again, I think if my corals were BIG I'd be more into them maybe. In the future I think I would just save for a $100 colony or something. But no more frags!

Well with your sized tank I can see why you don't like frags. They prlly look tiny in there! I have a small tank so fortunatly frags are good for me. You should most deff get some green star polyps...they are bright, glow, move with the water and grow insanly fast! I got a tiny piece a couple months ago and now the whole top of my rock is covered and it starting the grow on the neighboring rock! My zoas and palys grow fast too. Like 2 new polyps a week. I love corals.... Lol you rlly don't like flasher wrasses? I saw two at my lfs and wanted them instantly but they cant go in my small tank...Boohoo. I'm going to a frag swap Saturday and I'm gonna have to look for a Duncan. I need to get one. They seem rlly cool and pretty.

I love my tank, and I do have a tank thread. It's called Sarah's 60 gallon or something, my pics stink tho fu man, just so you know, you've been warned :)
I hear ya about the FOWLR! I went with sort of a controversial light for corals since I knew I never wanted to keep SPS but I already had my Duncan in my biocube and loved him so I just continued on with the reef tank when I got my bigger tank.
Again, I think if my corals were BIG I'd be more into them maybe. In the future I think I would just save for a $100 colony or something. But no more frags!

You have a great sized tank, just looked. I do see how there isn't much coral lol... just fill the whole tank up with Duncans :D

LOL best thing I have read all day

Back