New, additional lighting...WOW!

Nonfamous

Reefing newb
So I added a Coralife 2 bulb 48" light to my tank today. One 10,000k and one Actinic. What a difference! I was running only a Stunner white/blue 48 inch 12,000k LED strip with an additional 12" blue and 12" blue/magenta strips. LEDs may be the wave of the future, but combined with the T5's, its a whole different look now. IT makes the tank look bleached out, but maybe the coralline will start growing faster and I'll get some colour in the tank. It just looks so lifeless! I know, new tanks look that way for a while.

Anyway, just thought I'd share. I'm still waiting on my full Magenta Stunner 12" strip. Got just the right spot for it. ;)

do you have your magenta light yet? sorry for the late post.. i wanted to get one but wasnt sure if id like it! can you please post pics?
thanks

No problem!

No, I haven't gotten it. It has been on back order for months according to the LFS. Honestly, I'm not sure I believe them. They are not the most reliable people to deal with. I won't be shopping with them anymore.

I'll check this week to see if one is available at a better store. There is an LED set, 12", that you can program to any colour you like or even have it change colours all day long. Looks pretty neat and it has been in my cross-hairs a few times, I just haven't pulled the trigger as its around $200.

If you find the Stunner 12" magenta in stock, let me know so I can go hammer the LFS about it! If you want, I can post a picture of the Blue/Magenta lighting. It really only shows its self as a blue though.

With only three stunner strips over a 90 you'd notice a difference changing to just about anything. Stunner strips are mostly for supplemental lighting, or when used in an actual fixture many strips are used together (as in the Ecoxotic Panorama fixtures)

i was considering the blue/magenta combo, i wasnt sure if the only magenta would add too much, yea ive seen the color changing one, its cool but expensive..

Back