New additions today

cravinmohead22

Reefing newb
well yesterday i found a new lfs close to were i work while seaching the net so i decided to check it out. not a big store but man are the prices right. i picked up a frag of zoo's and a candy cane along with a banned goby. i think thats what it is called. in the few hours i had it my sand looks new again. all the red cyrno is gone. all thre for $50. not bad for the prices around here.

first thing is do i feed these corals or do they use the light and whats in the tank floating around?

second is anyone ever use B-ionic. the guy at the store said its great and with this stuff i never have to put anything else in the tank. it feeds the corals and makes all the parameters perfect. sound too easy.

Sounds you landed a good deal on the corals.You want have to feed them anything except for light.
On B-ionic,I've always shyed away from all-in-one additives.I dont trust them.Not to mention,if you only low in one or 2 things,you may be over-dosing another,which can bad if not worse.

Candy canes and zoas don't need to be fed anything extra. They will get what they need from the light and from the water. My candy canes do put out their tentacles every night at feeding time, it's cool to watch.

If I'm not mistaken, B-Ionic is a calcium, alk and mag supplement. Bottom line....do not dose anything you don't test for...ANYTHING!

Sounds like a good price to me. I went to mine the other day and they wanted 39.99 for frags.

there's no need to feed the corals but if you want the candy cane to grow faster you can target feed it with mysis shrimp. I did it on mine and trippled the size in two months.

Back