New Additions!!

annaanderic

Reefing newb
So I posted prob 2 months ago about us finally getting a tailspot Blenny as our first fish but hadnt gotten around to posting pics so here are a couple of the better ones we've been able to get so far! Sorry that the quality isnt great!

IMG_0594.jpg

IMG_0600.jpg

And now for our newest additions! We wanted a goby/pistol shrimp pair really badly so we emailed a friend that works at an LFS and asked if he could order a wheeler watchman and a japanese pistol shrimp and we'd just take our chances that they'd actually pair up. He actually ordered 2 wheelers and they paired up in their tank so he decided to just give them both to us along with the pistol shrimp for only $15 (and he drove them an hour to us so we didnt have to drive to Indianapolis!!).

As soon as we put the gobies in the tank they were picking at the rock and searching for food. As soon as the pistol shrimp hit the sand he backed up next to the rock in the very front of our tank and began going to work on his burrow! He worked all night digging it and both of the wheelers had paired up with him before the lights had even gone off that same day! So now we've got 2 wheelers paired with a good looking pistol shrimp at the very front our tank so we get to see them whenever we want! Talk about a lucky addition!

Ok here are some pics of the new pair and pistol shrimp!

Chilli and Pepper:
IMG_0568.jpg

IMG_0601.jpg
IMG_0624.jpg

IMG_0621.jpg

you got 2 gobies and a pistol for 15?!?!?! i paid 30 for my one goby and 30 for the japanese pistol, but my pistol differently colored, he is blue and orange and has a big black spot on his tail. but still... 60 vs. 15 and you got 2 gobies... very good deal.

Haha yep! They normally sell the gobies for $13 apiece, which is still cheap, but he cut us an even better deal! Originally when he said that they had paired already we thought he was talking about the shrimp and goby, but he was actually just talking about the 2 gobies.

We think the pistol might actually be a female which would explain the more dull coloration (and our LFS friend said this might help them pair up quicker)

that could be, but i have a bullseye pistol which just has more brilliant coloring... unfortunately they also are less likely to pair up with a goby

Back