New Algae Phase???

I think that keeping a log is a great idea, whatever you do write it down. I have a notebook that sits by my tank it has EVERY date that I added anything living to when I last changed my carbon... I also will write down if I see anything out of the ordinary so I can go back and look at it again.

Also this is something I am (sorry if you have already been asked this) Do you test the new water for your water changes? If you are not you should start! I have read a lot about people doing a lot of water changes for whatever reason algae in your case. By not testing the water you are putting into there tank you don't know if it is helping or causing more problems. Once you have tested the new water and WRITE it down then you can do your water changes.

Yeah, I keep a very detailed log of EVERY little thing that I do to my tank to include equipment and livestock, the place I got something from, how much it cost, what it is (species or item), my parameters (what day and time I took the tests), and an illness page, with the diagnosis, what I dose, when I dose, where I dose, IF I dose, and if the fish lived or died. I have it all in a 3-ring binder. VERY helpful when you need to backtrack to something you may have done wrong. My log here would more resemble a "Blog", outlining the history of my tank, and everything I do going forward to erradicate my terrible algae. it will end with a clean tank, or a disassembled tank *L*

Back