new and have a 65 gal and a 10 gal

cherylr_1

Reefing newb
:wave:Hi to all. I bought a 10 gal aquarium and set up for my boyfriend for Christmas a yr ago, that started the ball rolling on saltwater tanks we have fallen in love with it and are now doing a 65 gal tank and turning the 10 gal into a reef only tank. The 65 gal was a used tank that sat for awhile and bought it through the previous owners of the shop we go through, and when they left they took with them most of the filtration and light set up for it, so needless to say the new owner helped us with used parts that he set up for us and he can and set up the tank with new sand and put in the water and made sure the filtration was running for us that was 6 mths ago and we just battled with green hairy algae on the rocks, spent every weekend changing out the water, scrubbing rocks and rearranging them and finally turned out the lights as a last ditch effort that seems to be working in the 65 gal we have about 15-20 lbs of living rock, two flame tail "gobbie", a sand sifter and a sand sifter gobbie.

:wave:Hi to all. I bought a 10 gal aquarium and set up for my boyfriend for Christmas a yr ago, that started the ball rolling on saltwater tanks we have fallen in love with it and are now doing a 65 gal tank and turning the 10 gal into a reef only tank. The 65 gal was a used tank that sat for awhile and bought it through the previous owners of the shop we go through, and when they left they took with them most of the filtration and light set up for it, so needless to say the new owner helped us with used parts that he set up for us and he can and set up the tank with new sand and put in the water and made sure the filtration was running for us that was 6 mths ago and we just battled with green hairy algae on the rocks, spent every weekend changing out the water, scrubbing rocks and rearranging them and finally turned out the lights as a last ditch effort that seems to be working in the 65 gal we have about 15-20 lbs of living rock, two flame tail "gobbie", a sand sifter and a sand sifter gobbie.

Sounds like a sweet deal for what you got! Feel free to ask a lot of questions if you'd like! Our purpose on LR is to come together and help one another so that we may learn and prosper in this hobby.

There are oh so many friendly people on here who would be glad to help you.

Hello and welcome to the site...we're glad to have you. How about some pics of your tanks, so we can see your good work. :)

I dont this she has a tang, but you need some more rock in there, as some one already mentioned.

What are you feeding, are you using tap water? Lets try and figure out your algae issue.

Back