New Anthia

andysgirl8800

Blenny Badlands
The largest of my new Antias came out of his little bed time rock with spots on his right pectoral fin. :frustrat: I don't see any spots anywhere else, and they appear to be on the outer edge of the fin. I'm thinking fungal maybe?

AnthiaIch001.jpg

He is still eating well enough, and I've put some garlic in his mysis, but I am thinking I will also add some vitamins. Catching him for QT treatment would be difficult. He is also hiding more than the other two. He is also in the process of becoming a "HE" and is still in the early stages. Could this just be stress related to being introduced into a new tank? This same fish also has a spot of discoloration on his body. I don't know if it is related to his sex change, or if it is an injury:

AnthiaIch002.jpg

You wouldn't be able to see internal parasites.When they potty you will long stringy poo that could be an indication of internal parasites.They really don't get Ich either because they are such scaley fish.I'm not saying they don't just I've never seen it.If he/she is eating feed it several times a day with vitamins like you are doing.Maybe they lost a little slimecoat and need to build it back up.

By looking at the first picture he actually looks really really pissed. Like back off or he gonna hurt ya pissed.

you cant think negative!

why would you do that!? this fish will be with you forever. be prepared to hand him down to your children(if you have any that is)

ps. i know fish dont live that long....but hey, we can all dream cant we?

Well, I caught sight of him/her again today. Still hiding in the rocks while his little friends swim all over the tank. Although, today, I didn't see any spots on his fin. Hmm...

I don't know. Hard to say with him hiding. I've put food back there, but I can't see him very well, so I can't say for sure if he ate any of it.

There's a good chance you will end up with two males having only two lyretails.If that happens it won't be good,two male lyretails can be deadly aggressive with one another.Personally,I would add one or two more females before they change.

Back