New Aqua Illumination Sol LED's...

photokaty

Reefing newb
I just got these lights in a few days ago and was wondering if anyone else had these, or similar LED's? If so, what kind of timer cycle do you run to simulate nature as much as possible? Or what is best for corals and fish, etc.

i have the ai nano (same light, but only 2 discs). I got the controller but never got around to hooking it up. My light turns on at 11am and goes off at 11pm. That's it. My corals are growing fine and I'm seeing colors on my sps that weren't there with my stock elos e-lite. I like it. I have friends who have their lights set on a strict schedule and freak out if i go over and play with the lights. To be honest with you, i don't really think it matters. you have sunny days and cloudy days. On/Off 12 hours is good enough for me.

If you didn't have LED's over your tank before and you currently have coral, start the AI's at a low intensity and ramp it up over several weeks

I currently run mine at 60/70/70 for about 10 hours a day, but it took about 2 months for me to ramp up to that after initially frying a bunch of coral because the AI LED's look 'dim' compared to the Halides I had before

+1 for a great tip. They are strong.
If you didn't have LED's over your tank before and you currently have coral, start the AI's at a low intensity and ramp it up over several weeks

I currently run mine at 60/70/70 for about 10 hours a day, but it took about 2 months for me to ramp up to that after initially frying a bunch of coral because the AI LED's look 'dim' compared to the Halides I had before

Thanks for the input. That's what I was afraid of, and just wasn't sure how long I should wait before ramping them up too high!

Well LEDs works quite supportive if you take a proper schedule for lighting. It is enough if you give 8 to 10 hours lighting each day and the corals grow healthily but they should get the lighting every day as stated earlier.

Well LEDs works quite supportive if you take a proper schedule for lighting. It is enough if you give 8 to 10 hours lighting each day and the corals grow healthily but they should get the lighting every day as stated earlier.

Did you really need to resurrect a three week old post with totally useless information?

Did you really need to resurrect a three week old post with totally useless information?

I have observed that jessicalenita's posts have been pretty much just generic advertisement talking points (some poorly translated at that), and have no connection to the context of the current discussions.

I have observed that jessicalenita's posts have been pretty much just generic advertisement talking points (some poorly translated at that), and have no connection to the context of the current discussions.

Her post in this thread has been my favorite, by far: :mrgreen:

https://www.livingreefs.com/cleaning-powerheads-t42458.html

Under certain circumstances, powerheads are considered as a firearm. Some powerheads uses the catridge to propel a barbed spear point into the target. They are also available in hard gun, rifles and shotgun catridges but you need to clean them regularly.

+1 guarda

I'm sure she googled "powerheads" and pasted the first results LOL

Some powerheads uses the catridge to propel a barbed spear point into the target.

Straight from Wiki LOL

Hey, I'd rather have amusing bots than annoying kids ;)

Let me guess, it was a link for a site selling cheap Chinese knock off 'grow lights'

I don't know whats been up lately, but I think Living Reefs needs to hire a bouncer

Back