new aquascape

salt newbie01

Reefing newb
Well I finally got the nerve to rearrange my rock work. I added a couple pieces of base rock from bermuda and some nice pieces thanks to Bryan. I mainly wanted to move the whole structure back against the glass. This was to give more swimming room for the powder blue tang. I also added a big cave on the bottom rt for the pb to hide. I'll try to get a pic of the pb when it comes out of hiding. It has only been in the tank for about 30 minutes.

Here's the old;

fulltank.jpg

fulltankL.jpg

fulltankR.jpg

Here's the new;

fulltanka.jpg

lttanka.jpg

rttanka.jpg

I just hope the pb will not freak out too bad over the move.

Thanks guys. I have such a hard time placing the corals. I still have 6-7 on the sand bed. I just can't figure out where to put them. Very frustrating! Oh well gives me something to do I guess.

I don't think your rock work needs anything done to it. You have lots of good spots to mount coral and still have room on your sand bed for other things.

That looks great Patrick. I am sure the Tang will love its new home. Did you go out to my old house? If so, how'd the tank look? Just curious.

yeh Michael and I went out there. That guy is clueless as to how to take care of the tank. The frogspawn looked pretty good. You could just tell it wasn't getting the daily attention that it needed. A lot of algae on the front glass. The skimmer had been off. Michael turned it back on but had to show him how to empty the cup.

I just looked up and see that the pb is out and eating the red nori I put in front of her cave. That's a good sign that she is eating already!!

Here's the new addition peaking out of her cave. She has already faced off with the yellow tang. The pb did not back down, I think the yellow tang will be put into it's place over the next few days.

The pb does appear to have white spots on it. And the left eye has a little white on it. I did not notice this at your old house Anthony. Could ich show up just hours after being stressed? If it is I hope heavy feeding a stable water conditions will get the fish through it. Would soaking the nori in tank water and selcon/vitachem help keep it's ammune system up? Any other ideas?

pb1.jpg

Dude the aquascape job looks awesome! I love the caves! Also that PB tang is the bomb!! Its good she is already eating, She'll be with you a long time.

Back