new aquascaping

fishbait

I found Nemo
i picked up another 5 pounds of live rock last week. man, what a difference just 5 pounds makes! of course i spent another 4 hours moving everything around. thought i would post a few pics to see what ya'll think. i can only get a grunt out of my wife when i ask her oppinion. just don't send me packing to the a.f.t. when you see the patch of hair algae on the middle rock.:mrgreen: it's still a little left over from the mishap of my lights getting left on three days straight a few weeks ago. a couple extra turbo's and cutting back on lighting has thinned it out a bunch. i do feel better that my coraline is starting to out number the green stuff though.
013_733795.JPG

016_531372.JPG

010_313201.JPG

i wish that my photography and my camera didn't suck so bad. it looks a lot better in person. the light reflecting off the sand causes that hazy look at the bottom. and the colors don't really pop on picture like they do when you're standing there looking at it. my biggest regret right now is that i didn't paint the pvc rack before i put it in. i REALLY wish that i painted it black before i put it in. but, i'm not pulling all the rock out to do it now. i never thought painting something black would camoflage it so much until i did my sump returns and painted them. it's a big difference.

Looks great Fish.
I'm starting to think that you married my wife's long lost twin sister.
Sounds like there a lot alike.:mrgreen:

Looks good Fish!
If it makes you feel better my wife Hates it when I re arange things too.

But I have to Thats how I plan on Slidin' in a new Frag or two!

i hope your diamond gobie is better than the one i had to get rid of. Mine made mountains of sand all over corals in tank so went back to lfs and got a dragon gobie also called banded gobie.

i hope your diamond gobie is better than the one i had to get rid of. Mine made mountains of sand all over corals in tank so went back to lfs and got a dragon gobie also called banded gobie.

he gets a little carried away from time to time. mostly after i move stuff around. if i leave it alone he gets his favorite little borrows made, then just mostly sticks to normal sand sifting. i only have that one little mushroom at the bottom. i have had to take a turkey baster and blow the sand off of it from time to time.

so far it hasn't. i have checked for ammonia everyday and the test kit has read 0. this i only the third full day since i added it. i only added 5 lbs, it seemed to be pretty well cured. i had to scrape off a few peices of dead sponge or something, then i soaked and rinsed it in a bucket several times until the water was clear. then i put it in the tank. my skimmer has been pulling out some insanely black gunk since i added the rock. and lots of it. so if i do get a cycle, maybe it will be a small one.

In a 55 gallon tank, I doubt that 5 lbs of rock would be able to cause much of a cycle at all... I think it would have shown up by now, so good for you if you managed to skip it!

90% of the time,as long as you can keep the rock good and wet,it wont cause any problems.
But theres still that other 10%.

nice gobies but doesnt the clown fight with them, mine fights with my firefish so im putting the clown in a ten gal till i get the 125 started

Back