New Biocube

sailfin

What reef tank?
I got my new Oceanic Biocube yesterday. :^: This little guy is bright and the LED night lights are great. I can't wait to get water in it!!

:bounce:

Does it have a skimmer? That has always been my only draw back with a nano...

Let me know what you think etc... Been thinking about setting up a zoa tank.

Brandon

I may post a few pictures of it dry.

Brandon - I don't know. It is kind of hard to tell by the picture if it would fit or not. Honestly though, good water changes in a nano is just as good as a skimmer, especially like the ones you and Bryan have. hehe....

I don't quite understand how yet but there is a guy on RC that has an 80 gallon ( I think ) packed with lps. It has been running for a long time - He has no filters and no skimmer!! All he has is a couple power heads and live rock. I don't remember but I don't think he has any fish. If I am correct about the size that is not that big, If he can do it so can you.

This little guy has a carbon filter and bio balls. I'll more than likely take the bio balls out and use LR instead. Corals may poop, but it isn't substantial enough to harm a tank in the short amount of time between water changes. Just my opinions though.

Nope, unfortunately not. I'll keep this one up and running even after the new tank is in and going. We'll see how well it does.

I have been wanting to create a smaller nano type tank with zoos and a few ornamental shrimp only... why I was asking...

Cant wait to see the pics.

Thats going to be a sweet tank! Can't wait.

Also it's cool some of you guys are getting into zoas! We can have a KILLER collection!!!

That's what I want to do with one of those 30 gallon tanks I am getting from you dave. Zoas and maybe an acan or 2. I was thinking no fish in the hopes it would be easier to stabilize water parameters. Now I am just looking for a used lighting source.

Yeh I would agree it is a little to blue but his tank is pretty impressive. To have that kinda results with no equipment is amazing. At least to me.

Very impressive tank.

I think acans and blastos are probably best suited for that type setup, including the blue light as they are collected from deeper depths where the light is bluer and the water quality isn't as high.

Hey Anthony what's the latest on the move? When is it scheduled and will you be needing any help? I'm sure all of us would be willing to give you a hand. Just let me know a week or so in advance and I should be able to give you a hand. I feel for ya, moving sucks. My wife and I moved like 5 times within 6 years...it is no fun! Hope you got things worked out for your powder blue, it is a very beautiful speciman.

Back