New Blue Hippo Coming Thursday...

awsumfish

SHARK!!!!!!!!
I've just ordered a 7 Inch Blue Hippo Tang that will arrive on Thursday. Not giving out my source but i was wondering what is the best food to feed this guy. I consider myself pretty good with keeping fish but have not had much sucess with Blue Tangs probably because I always get the smaller paper thin specimens. Sooo this time I ordered a Great Big one that has already established some sort of appetite and is beyond skinney. Fingers crossed.

The question is what food sources should I persue to ensure this guy will thrive in my reef. I'm tired of scooping out dead Regals. This will be my 3rd attempt.

Any suggestions???

Last edited:
Emerald Entree is the best frozen food for them. And they should have dried seaweed sheets (nori) several times a week. They can be tricky to get eating sometimes, so you can entice them by soaking the food in garlic. They will also happily take meaty foods, but veggies should comprise the bulk of their diet.

Copy that, I was hoping the Regals would fall for the Caulurpa and maybe some of the other stuff in my Fuge. I feed all my tangs RED SEAWEED SHEETS that are already presoaked in Garlic. Thanks for the feedback.

I am determined to keep this one alive!!!

Back