New BTA

RNich34

Reefing newb
Got this guy from SWF today. It came with a CUC, a mushroom coral, and a six line wrasse (He didn't make it :( )

But anyways, I'm new to anemones, and want to make sure everything is ok. I honestly thought it was dead when I looked in the bag. It was pretty much flat, and looked like it had spit out it's guts. But anyways, here is a picture.

img1038v.jpg

It's tentacles are very short, but the mouth is closed tight, and it ate about 1/4 cube of mysis when I touched it to it. Does it look healthy to you guys?

It looks a little white. With good lighting, it should color up with some time. If it's attaching itself to the rocks, then that shows it's in good shape. If it detaches and floats around aimlessly or starts to disintegrate, then you've got trouble.

I thought it looked a little bleached. But the tentacles keep blowing up, then shrinking back down. I'm assuming this is some type of "breathing" or something?

It seems to be fine. Probably double the size of yesterday and all tentacles are blown up and double length of yesterday.

So I'm going to make a little timeline type thing of each day to track progress.

This is Day 1, box opening. I honestly thought this thing was dead.
photoon11612at1155am2.jpg

This is Day 1 after acclimation and such.
img1038v.jpg

Day 2. He seems to have found a nice rock at the top of the tank to get a good amount of sun. Clown doesn't seem to notice him yet. Tentacles are about twice as long as yesterday, and the ends are "Ballooning". Looks much better today.

img1039o.jpg

Back