New buys from discount wholesaler! W/PICS!

hotimportknight

New! Big Tank Club!
Hey guys! Been a little bit since I've been around, had to come up with rent and money for this shipment of fish, the full order I got includes:
50 nasarius snails
50 small blue legged hermits
10 HUGE turbos
3 more peppermint shrimp
1 flame angel - Medium
1 Imperator Angel - Small
1 green frilly (Lettuce) Sea slug
1 Naso Blonde Tang - Medium
1 Exquisite Wrasse - Medium
1 cleaner shrimp
1 sally lightfoot crab

And I think that's it... This should about do me for livestock for the tank... I still need more live rock to boot.
Here are some pics!
I Love all of the fish I got... Wow! The colors are stunning on the angels, the prices were right too! 300$ total for everything, but you need a business license to order from them which my friend has...
Here are some pics from the last day or 2 now!

IMG_5193.jpg

IMG_5194.jpg

IMG_5195.jpg

IMG_5197.jpg

IMG_5200.jpg

IMG_5202.jpg

IMG_5206.jpg

IMG_5209.jpg

The Naso Blonde seems to have some ick on him... I'm sure the plane ride from california was pretty stressful and all... Does anyone know of any ick cures that are able to be used right inside of a reef tank with no negative side effects? I never know on medication, some times it turns up I find something that sounds totally clear and good to go, then I'll see in the ingredients it has copper, yet says it's safe for your tank! lol. Anyone know of anything that seriously works and is reef safe? I don't have a ton of corals left since the stressful move... and a few of my fish have Ick now... I fed them all the garlic food I had, but now I'm out and still not full improvement, just somewhat.

IMG_5130.jpg

IMG_5148.jpg

Tomini Tang:
IMG_5168.jpg

Japanese swallowtail angel: Reef Safe!
IMG_5169.jpg

IMG_5172.jpg

Cute little baby Imperator!

IMG_5174.jpg

I love this fish! I might trip tonight just to see how it looks in HD!

IMG_5189.jpg

IMG_5193.jpg

IMG_5194.jpg

OMG your telling me! I can't! I went in with kalkwasser the other day again, but the tank is just so deep I can't reach half of them... I have 5 peppermint shrimp now... Soon my friends and I are going to all share some nudibranches that only eat aiptasia, then die if it runs out, so we will all pass them around from tank to tank hopefully!

IMG_5030.jpg

IMG_5062.jpg

IMG_5081.jpg

IMG_5172.jpg

God I'm tripping... And it's G-R-E-A-T! What a psychiatric experiment! I feel Ahhh MAZING! But this angel fish is tripping me out! It's gorgeous! And my exquisite wrasse... It keeps changing colors! Some times it's pink/red/green, other times it's quite clearly red and green main colors... beautiful color marks down the fins and such as well... Fish really are living artwork!
I can't stop taking pictures!

Thanks! Priced out at fosters and smith it was QUITE a bit more... The imperator was $40, the basso blonde medium ran $50, the wrasse and the flame were 33 each... I went overboard with the good prices and spent too much... But I can order from them again, and definetly would again too!

WOW really awesome deals on the fish. Love the angels. where are the pics of the lettuce slug? hopefully you have algae for it to graze on as thats all they do, especially bryopsis from what I have been told. Love the livestock. are all the angels getting along for now?

EDIT: I have found that taking pics of my juv Koran is relatively hard as his colors tend to blur out like yours based on his constant slow movement. he never sits still. If you have any manual settings on your camera I would suggest a slightly faster shutter speed and then you can fix some underexposure with photo editing sw on your computer. also one thing you could do is turn your ISO up to 450 or so if it is at 100 or 200 and see if that helps.

Last edited:
And everything in the tank is getting along stupendously! At first the coral beauty chased the flame angel a little bit, then within the first day it switched around, now they get along pretty well! All the tangs get along great as well! Nothing is nipping at my corals or clam mantle one bit yet either, thank god! So I'm going to start getting a lot more corals after I fill my tank with rock and get this algae under control...
And here is the pic of the lettuce slug, i've got PLENTY of algae for it to eat! Hope to god it does... That and aiptasia are in abundance in my tank...
IMG_5529.jpg

Oh yeah, the lettuce slug is... TINY... forgot to mention that part... but for $8 not too bad, hopefully he eats all the algae and grows up big and strong!

Any have ideas on a "reef safe" ick cure though? I'm not sure if I'll need it or not anymore even, signs of ick seem to be clearing up a little bit, but I'd feel better eliminating it entirely sooner...
Also, anyone know of any cheap and effective ways of getting rid of aiptasia? Other than peppermints...? And a syringe and kalkwasser... I mean like a marine creature of some sort that eats it? And has worked in other peoples tanks!? Let me know if anyone has any thoughts on either of these questions! Thanks in advance...

A copperband butterfly will wipe those aiptasia out quick.But their a tough fish to keep alive once the anemones are gone.
For the Ick,Anything that says its reef safe,isnt going to do anything for the Ick.

Yep copperband will do the job but you should just hang tight and have faith. I deployed 5 peppermints for over a hundred aptasia in my tank a couple years back and they took care of every single last one of them. it just took time. in the meantime you could just hit the larger ones with kalk.

Oh yeah, the lettuce slug is... TINY... forgot to mention that part... but for $8 not too bad, hopefully he eats all the algae and grows up big and strong!

Lettuce leaf nudis don't live any longer than a month or so in captivity. They are an animal that should not be sold in this hobby, IMO.

Back