NEW Canon 60D DSLR Camera

i got it, i did some reading an lightroom needed an update. my cam is a new model. it needed to update the software. it tells you when updating what cameras will be included in the update.

heres a sample pic i messed around with. made it super colorful.

IMG_0053.jpg

By George, I think he's got it. Good looking shot fishsticks!:bowdown:

Fishsticks, if you'd like to see what the different lenses will actually look like on your camera. Set your lens up at the 60mm, 90mm, and 105mm focal lengths and start taking pics around your tank. You'll see the difference in the pics and I think you'll see that you'll want the longer focal length.

thanks d2 again for the program and the help sofar, im doing everything manual now. no auto everything.

thanks bl1 im doing that now, im doing some more test runs with it. too many settings on this thing im consistently reading manuals and tutorials online.

lilyicu :P get this one, ull like it.

i didnt know what i was doing really i was just moving around the lil bars to sharpen, add more colors, and other stuff. an for the cam i was about 2 feet away an i did it with manual focus. so its not crystal clear im still practicing. ill post the untouched pic jpeg/raw and the jpeg which i posted already touched.
The Top picture is the untouched picture, i did not do anything to it.
The Bottom picture is customized and altered a bit.
first one i have done i know its terrible but im trying.

IMG_0053-1.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

FWIW, I almost always use autofocus for the tank, moving my focus points around on the lcd so i can focus and not have to recompose much, if at all. Everything moves too fast to use manual focus, unless you are shooting corals or something that doesn't move.

How much are you spending on that lens? You might want to look into a fixed focal length lens, you can get similar photographs and it only costs about 15.00. Just a thought?

C

Catherine, are you talking about extension tubes? If not, what fixed focal length lens? The cheapest fixed focal length lens that I know of for nikon is the 50mm 1.8 for around $100 and it's not a macro. I know Canon is cheap :mrgreen:, but $15???

d2 couldnt i get the 60mm macrolense and use extensions to make it 100mm?
or i have it backwards?
should i get the 100mm lense w/ extension to get closer snaps?

Last edited:
These are filters you add to your lens. They are a bit awkward to use at first as you have no ability to really focus your camera. You've only got one "sweet" spot and you have to kind of move around to find it. I won't pretend that they are as versatile as a true macro lens but you do get extremely good results once you get the hang of using them. For a photographer that only shoots macro for their tank, I feel it is a very responsible option to spending a fortune on a lens.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Concepts-Close-Up-Macro-Filter/dp/B001AO2274/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1291715161&sr=8-2]Amazon.com: Digital Concepts 1 2 4 10 Close-Up Macro Filter Set with Pouch (58mm): Camera & Photo[/ame]

Here is U4BOYZs' shots using the fixed focal length set:
https://www.livingreefs.com/picasso-t23755.html

I hope I didn't confuse you, just wanted to give you another option.

C

really good snaps for that price, ive decided to get the 100mm macrolense from canon i found it for 512. i am goin to have to wait until after christmas :(. i still need to put together the tank thats coming. ive always wanted to take snaps of bugs, i will try an take snaps for the monthly contest :mrgreen:.

That is a POTM winner right thar! Too bad it ain't blue. Save that one for a future sniper attack at the last minute. lol :evil!?!?:

Back