new clown

rugerman

Reefing newb
i just put a clown fish in my tank and it stays in the corner of the tank at the top is this normal? i also have two yellow tail damsels that where put in the same time as the clown

Keep a close eye on him. I had the same issue and my ended up dying. Look for signs of stress especially. Some will develope a white film or cotton patch. Are your clown(s) tank raised or wild?

When I added my clown he did the same thing and I thought I had a problem with the back of the tank and I changed the backing and after about 2 days he is fine swims around the whole tank.

How new is the tank? Lack of oxygen or high amonia can kill the clown. Also yellow tail damsels can be pretty mean.They might be chasing or stressing the clown out.Damsels and clowns are part of the same family of fish.In the long run I would remove the damsels especialy if you prefer the clowns.Try some fresh brine and see if that coax it out of the corner.

i have a clown and he will not eat brine shrimp. he will only eat krill and mysis shrimp. and mine is an ocelleris. i am thinking abuot getting a marron since the the other one doesn't like the bubble

New Fish

Well all of the water levels are fine. Did my water change and did find out I was feeding too much. Reduced it down to 1 time every other day. Now it swims all over. I think it just needed to settle in after two weeks (sarcastically) :frustrat: Oh well thanks to everyone for you help and input.

sagent3000 said:
i have a clown and he will not eat brine shrimp. he will only eat krill and mysis shrimp. and mine is an ocelleris. i am thinking abuot getting a marron since the the other one doesn't like the bubble
Some clowns are tank bread and will have nothing to do with an anenome.
I have two(1 seabae and 1 copy) in a seabae anenome for 5 months.they are all happy.also some clown prefer certain types also.If get a maroon watch out because they have a nasty disposition sometimes.My fist tank was a nano and my maroon ate my firefish and would chase my fugi damsel all over the tank.I would suggest a goldbar maroon at little more $$$,but might make a better tank member.

2wenty2win said:
Well all of the water levels are fine. Did my water change and did find out I was feeding too much. Reduced it down to 1 time every other day. Now it swims all over. I think it just needed to settle in after two weeks (sarcastically) :frustrat: Oh well thanks to everyone for you help and input.
Nice to hear that its doing good.

Spoiled clown

I have a juvenile maroon that does the same thing but just when the lights are off. There is no anemone in the tank and I finally realized that where he sleeps there is a cluster of airlines, heater and power head cables, as well as the string for a magnetic glass cleaner. He had simply adopted the tangle as his own personal artificial anemone.
When the lights come on he tears around the tank like he owns it.
Most times my fish seem to be smarter than me. :frustrat:
He is getting a blue tipped anemone as a belated Christmas present! :^: The pet store owner tells me her maroons love them.

Cheers

Back