New Conch

Smitty

Reef pro
What's up people...I decided to make a few changes to my reef tank, so I got rid of my foxface(he was getting too big, and starting to become real messy), and picked me up a conch to take care of the sand...I figured he will stay in the tank versus another goby...well here are the pics.
Conchpics4.jpg

Conchpics2.jpg

Conchpics6.jpg

and here are a few full tank shots...
Conchpics5.jpg

Conchpics8.jpg

Thats a great looking tank Smitty.
You'll like that conch.Those things are cool,especially when they bury in the sand and leave thei eyes sticking out to look around.

Ummm...the hell I know...lol...just from what I can gather from the internet, looks to be a fighting conch to me...

I've read that the welch, which looks just like a conch, will eat snails...I hope I didn't pick one up on accident.

Well, I've had this damn conch since saturday, and he does not move...at all. I had to take him out once to make sure he wasn't dead. I bought him so that he could stir and clean my sand, but all he does is stay in one spot under the sand.:grumble:

Mine used to take lazy spells like that.It'd just stay in one spot and just look around with one eye sticking out of the sand.

I just got 2 of them from DFS and both of them started to work immediately. Never noticed that their little mouth thingy are that long. They have been working on the surface all the time and haven't seen them go under the sand yet.

Is it ok to get more of them? I have lot of "stuff" for them to clean on top of the sand.

I'm glad that yours are working Wes, cause mine is lazy like the one Yote used to have. I hope he is still just trying to adjust to the new tank.

Lol...Well, this conch doesn't even have his one eye out. You can only see the top of his shell. And he still has not moved and I've had him for a week now. Idk?

Back