new condylactis

mario_sa05

Reefing newb
Why and when do condys shrink up?...I have a white condy..very friendly..its cool seeing him eat...you guys have any tips on these babies?...behavior?experiences? And is it natural when they reduce their size and shrink...like when they sleep after eating?thank you guys

What kind of lighting do you have? And what are your nitrates at?
Anemones can be difficult creatures to keep especially for new tanks and new aquarists. Is there any coloring in your anem? They should never be totally white, if they are, then they are not healthy

Well I did research on it and a all white condy does not mean its unhealthy...just that its a white condy...when I bought him this was his coloring and that's why I chose him...but idk maibe it was cared for...he's from petco...he seems great too me should I realy worry about his white...I have 2 t8s in a 20 its poor and will be moving him...he's small in size .thanks for the input

Even in Condy's,all white is a bad sign.A healthy condy will at least have some purple on its tentacle tips.
But to answer your question.There are several reasons for em to shrink up.The most common with condys is relieve themselvs after a meal.To much water flow.To much light.Just needing a break.All can be reasons for em to shrink.
I've guessing yours is just taking a crap.

And you should think about upgrading lights -- your lights are nowhere near strong enough to keep an anemone alive long-term.

Back