new coral advice

tonyg

Reefing newb
Hi guys, as i posted before, a guy I know is tearing down his fishtank and getting rid of everything he has.

Most of his stuff is just too big or too picky for my little tank, but I did take the 3 smallest peices of coral he had.

The 2 in the first pic look like candy cane/trumpet/torch corals?
I'm having even more trouble identifying the third one. He said he got it out of a frag tank at the LFS and never found out what it was.

I'm having doubts, and I'm thinking about trying to trade them to the store myself for something I'm more certain about.

Please offer any advice about lighting/current/feeding. My research had led to much confusion.

Thanks!

Attachments

• new1.jpg
    new1.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 278
  • new2.jpg
    new2.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 268
The first pic is a trumpet coral, and the second one looks like a galaxia(which is aggressive, and have very long, powerful tentacles)...and both of them are lps corals.

Thanks for the info, Ive saw the tentacles come out last night, and couldnt beleive how long they were. I'm going to try and keep them. Thanks for the help.

They aren't hard to keep, as long as your have adequent lighting...and you might want to put that galaxia as far away from everything else, to keep it from stinging other corals to death

Back