New Coral Need Info

He says with disdain. Who is SantaMonica?

WHO IS SANTAMONICA !!!! Thats like asking who is Jesus:rofl::rofl::rofl:

He is the guy who revived the algae scrubber on saltwater tanks. I think it started in the early 70's But there were problems. Not enough was known about them and there was some big failure.

I don't really know much about it. Anyway, Now that im typing this I don't really know that much about SM:shock:
Algae Scrubbers • Index page

I think it depends on the type of coral..corals that have hard skeletons, you may not want to feed everyday...You want to give the skeleton ample time to grow as well, that way you've got a nice healthy coral..on the other hand, if you've got some zoas or palys that eat mysis, you could feed them everyday, all it's gonna do is make them spread faster....

ok so i did the spot feeding yesturday with mysis and he seemed to like it had a bunch and now he is all shrivled up with just the tips out thought he was just digesting it maybe but its been about 12 hours now

Well, I love all SPS coral. What kind of lighting do you have? But on the LPS side of things.. Frog spawn, Duncans, Hammer coral, open brain, Acans,

IF you want to go SPS try some Montipora Digitata, or almost any Monti. They are very rewarding and grow fast!

this should work

Attachments

• 2011-02-26_18.57.53[1].jpg
    2011-02-26_18.57.53[1].jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 242
In terms of the coral world, very fast. Zoas are some of the fastest growing corals you can get. You should see them spreading across the rocks in a matter of months.

ive started spot feeding the torch coral he schrivled up came out a little and back in again i dont know if hes fine or not little weird he stays in like that to were all you can see is the green ball tips...so spot feed mysis also to the zoo corals also???

Back