New Coral

Not to ruin the good mood but as far as my studies have done it is IMPOSSABLE to keep any flower pot of any type for a long time.

Well, your sorta did..... lol Does that mean my clove will be dieing also ? geeeeeeez, glad I didn't pay a lot for them.

Well, this is all depressing...... I will try the bottle tonight. And I'll get that other food this weekend. He must of just got this one in. I'm there every weekend, and it wasn't there last weekend. I'm trying to buy inexpensive coral every weekend till I get the tank looking like a reef and not just a bunch of rocks. I don't want to spend a lot of money on something and kill it. I'm new and very inexperienced when it comes to saltwater. Do you target feed open brains ? I never did mine till last night, cause the goni wouldn't eat it. I never seen him open so wide !!!! It was funny watching him.

Something else you might try feeding that Goni,is frozen rotifers.Their a little bit smaller than cyclops and you might have better luck with it.

Just figure out a way to keep the clown out it and keep it fed.You may be one the few that can actually have Goni's thrive.You never know until you try it.

They certanly hate my tank. Never buying another one but u might get lucy. A guy that has alot of sauccess with them sais that thwy like dirtier water conditions.

I like the way they look. I'm a total lush for LPS corals. But I'll probably never have a flower pot coral. Too many stories of a long and drawn out death. This is one of those corals I think should just be left in the ocean. I wish stores wouldn't even sell them. Better than that - I wish it was illegal to import them. They just die.

Did I brighten the mood? :shock:

Wow that's huge!

The red ones are supposed to be easier to keep than other colors. But still, an "easy" goni is not very promising.

No doubt, they are beautiful.

Would you buy a new puppy knowing it'll most likely be dead in 6 months? If there were breeders selling dogs like that - there would be nationwide outrage and a ban to follow shortly thereafter.

That reminds me of a 60 Minutes episode I saw a while back. This couple were both carriers of an extremely rare and 100% fatal genetic disorder. They found out after they had their first child. Their kids were anticipated to only survive a few years or so. But these selfish people wanted kids so bad they kept having them, and the kids kept dying. I think they were on kid #4 or something on 60 minutes. None of the children have any chance of survival, yet they thought it was god's will for them to keep getting pregnant and reproducing, and they weren't gonna stop.

I wanted to punch them in their damn faces.

Oh well. SIDETRACK!!!!!

That reminds me of a 60 Minutes episode I saw a while back. This couple were both carriers of an extremely rare and 100% fatal genetic disorder. They found out after they had their first child. Their kids were anticipated to only survive a few years or so. But these selfish people wanted kids so bad they kept having them, and the kids kept dying. I think they were on kid #4 or something on 60 minutes. None of the children have any chance of survival, yet they thought it was god's will for them to keep getting pregnant and reproducing, and they weren't gonna stop.

I wanted to punch them in their damn faces.

Oh well. SIDETRACK!!!!!

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

You should have to pass an intelligence test to have children. Anybody under 120 is sterilized to prevent "mistakes".

yea, you are kinda popping my " excited about my new Goni " mood...... lol We'll see how it goes. I'll know next time I see a pretty coral I just can't live without. I'll ask how hard they are to keep. But, it is a pretty coral.

Wow that's huge!

The red ones are supposed to be easier to keep than other colors. But still, an "easy" goni is not very promising.

Not for me. It is dying a slow death in my tank right now and there is nothing i can do. It ataarted dying after a month. I too agree that shold be illigal to collect too. I bought a small frag from a smaller one that way i didint have a real big inpact if it died. I thought they needed really clean water thus the reason i bought one but turns out they need dirty water

Back