New Coral

fishman

Reefing newb
I got a few new corals .I got frogspawn this weekend and the trumpet last weekend, and xenia about four weeks ago .Just wanted everyone to see how things were coming along seens I removed the play sand. OH can anyone look at the mushroom and tell me what kind it is ? There is just one and it gets about as big as a saucer ,and it looks like it has a mouth rite in the middle.

Last edited:
ELEPHANT EAR/ Amplexidicus fenestrafer POSSIBLY. Exceptionally large mushrooms that easily reach diameters in the neighborhood of 1 foot. typically brown to greenish in color, have large but short base attached to a hard substrate and have numerous short tentacles on their upper surface. they also have a realtively large, centrally located mouth. Can thrive under low to high intensity lighting. They prefer low current and will be folded over and unhappy if current is too strong. Require meaty foods regularly (every few days optimally). and may benefit from additions of plankton type foods and or DSB setup. they can produce toxic mucus which can affect corals it comes into contact with or that may be downcurrent from it. hope something here helps.

Last edited:
Be careful with the frog spawn if they touch the sand or fall on there top they will die off.I lost mine this way.My brother in law drukenly knocked into my tank and it fell over later the next day the wife put it back were it belonged,but it never came back out of its base

Back