new coral???

No. You don't need to type anything in the post. Just copy and paste. You don't need to push any of the image buttons above the text box, either. Here is your pic (I deleted the extra IMGs that were added).

3.jpg

Probably. Maybe your phone just takes small photos! :lol:

I really can't tell what it is from that pic, though! It does look like blue zoanthids... But I'm not sure! If they have a skeleton, they wouldn't be zoas.

Can you borrow a camera?

they do though? there completely attached to it,not like the growing on it. there coming off of it,its hard to explain but on the bottom theres a little part sticking out and theres a single polyp on it

if i tried to squish them the outside would squish and you would feel the skeleton,tommorow im goin to glue them down and ill take a pic of the bottom

maybe its just a coincidence that each polyp grew on each end of the skeleton it grew on,im sooooooooo confused,but like i said i like it alot

Nope, those are definitely 100% zoas. They are growing on a rock. They do not have skeletons.

Try this. Pull one polyp off the rock. Grab it between your fingers and pull it off. It will come off. And it will squish. There is no skeleton there.

Nope, those are definitely 100% zoas. They are growing on a rock. They do not have skeletons.

Try this. Pull one polyp off the rock. Grab it between your fingers and pull it off. It will come off. And it will squish. There is no skeleton there.

Just wash your hands real good and when you squish it keep it away from your face....and read the sticky at the top of the coral forum. Those guys can be very very toxic.

Yeah, wouldn't recommend squishing it lol...palytoxin is one thing you don't wanna screw around with...

Those zoas won't have enough palytoxin to do anything if you are just squashing one. First off, they are zoanthids, and not palythoas. Second, don't put it in your mouth or your eye and you'll be fine. Third, if a reefer got sick every time they squashed a zoa, this hobby wouldn't exist.

Back