New Corals (Dial-Up Beware)

NewPortRichey

Sushi Anyone????????????
Well, I've gotten a few new things over the past few weeks. Just wanted to share with everyone.
IMG_0700.jpg

IMG_0701.jpg

IMG_0702.jpg

IMG_0706.jpg

IMG_0709.jpg

IMG_0710.jpg

IMG_0712.jpg

IMG_0713.jpg

IMG_0714.jpg

IMG_0715.jpg

IMG_0716.jpg

IMG_0717.jpg

IMG_0724.jpg

IMG_0725.jpg

IMG_0723.jpg

Thanks Reef. When I hit the thanks button I got a unauthorized page. No clue why. I'm getting pretty good at knowing corals.

Wow, beautiful colors. Excellent buys. I love the ricordeas, they are a personal favorite of mine. Good luck with the plate coral. I am so bitter about those damn things. I've tried plate corals (short tentacled and long tentacled) FIVE FREAKING TIMES NOW and have never been able to keep one alive. I HATE THEM I HATE THEM I HATE THEM!!

Anyways... Phew... Nice pics :).

Biffer I think you have to much light. I have a host plate with about forty small plates and have got rid of about twenty already. They are really easy if you feed them and shade them alittle.

Wow, beautiful colors. Excellent buys. I love the ricordeas, they are a personal favorite of mine. Good luck with the plate coral. I am so bitter about those damn things. I've tried plate corals (short tentacled and long tentacled) FIVE FREAKING TIMES NOW and have never been able to keep one alive. I HATE THEM I HATE THEM I HATE THEM!!

Anyways... Phew... Nice pics :).

Yup, I saw in some of your posts that you've been unsuccessful in keeping them. So, needless to say, I've got my fingers crossed hoping that I can keep it alive. We'll see.

I'm starting to really get into coral selection. Mixing up the colors and placement turning out to be another wonderful part of the hobby. I'll try to get an updated FTS to show everyone.

Biffer I think you have to much light. I have a host plate with about forty small plates and have got rid of about twenty already. They are really easy if you feed them and shade them alittle.

Hmmm I don't think it's that I have too much light. I have about 1200 watts of MH and T5s (actinics) over my 240; the lights are about 18 inches above the water, and the tank itself is 3 feet deep. So the plates are 4 1/2 feet below the lights. There's some other reason why I can't keep them that I haven't figured out yet. My tomato clowns insisted on hosting every long tentacled plate coral, and I suspect that's what killed them, but the short tentacled ones, I have no idea.

Back