New corals / what kind of dip?

Flipper

Reefing newb
I am getting four new corals in tomorrow and I need to know what to dip them in to be sure of no pests.

Here is what is my list of corals:
Fox coral
Blue zoos
Purple sea fan
Leather- cabbage coral

I don't want flat worms, zoo eating nudibranches or any such pest...what do I need for each coral, for a dip?

Thanks

I have heard of freshwater dip...my question is how long and which corals?

I was also told there are iodine dips, again which corals?

I thought all coral could get iodine, then I read that no soft corals should be dipped????

Some wrote that they freshwater dipped for 5 to 10 minutes????

I have been trying to do research and this is the kind of information I have been unearthing.

I don't want to introduce zoo eating nudibranches and flat worms or red worms....What do I do...My coral arrives tomorrow!:question:

Two little Fishes Revive works great. Used it on some acros to get the crabs off. Now I keep it in the Medicine cabinet. :)

I never let a coral go over 10 or 15 SECONDS in fresh water,Softies or SPS.I also dont use freshwater on LPS.
Every new coral gets a lugols soak for 20 to 30 minutes before going in the tank.

I never let a coral go over 10 or 15 SECONDS in fresh water,Softies or SPS.I also dont use freshwater on LPS.
Every new coral gets a lugols soak for 20 to 30 minutes before going in the tank.

Whew, I feel like I dodged a bullet. Thank you. When I saw Lugols in the LFS it said for sick injured coral and I just wanted to be rid of any bad hitchhikers.

So just dip all of them in the solution...The purple sea fan, leather cabbage, Blue Zoos and Fox coral are all safe to dip. :mrgreen:

But will this take care of bad hitchers?

Back