New Corals

Rcpilot

Reef enthusiast
:bounce:

My wife went to Central City (small gambling town in the mountains) today and popped a jackpot for a few thousand bucks. She suggested that I buy a couple new corals for my tank. I thought that was really cool of her.

I picked up an orangish/bumpy skinned mushroom rock and some kind of LPS. I think they are Acans. Reddish in color with white stripes starting at the whitish center and radiating out. Maybe a pale Acan?

Pics in a couple hours. I know!! It's not cool to tease you all, and then don't upload any pics. :chair: I just got home a couple hours ago and they are still in the bags.

Sweet for you. That was mighty nice of your wife to buy with her jackpot. Sounds like some nice stuffs, cant wait for the pics!

PIC_0016_338775.JPG

PIC_0014_259399.JPG

d.jpg.JPG

b.jpg.JPG

PIC_0011.JPG

The blastos I got the other day were $12. The Acan today was $19. The mushrooms were $12 per rock. The purple rock has 2. Spotted mushroom rock has one large and 2 small.

Reeffreak, I live in Denver, CO. Middle of the damn country. Thousands of miles from the nearest ocean.

I found the MACRO setting on my digital camera. MUCH happier with the shots from tonight. I have been ashamed to enter the POTM contest in the past. I may enter the April contest now.

Does anyone know what kind of Acans I got? They look kinda like candy cane, but also monkey acans too.

Post a pic again of the Acan in a few days?They look kinda deflated but looks like lordhowensis to me.Hang on to those purple spotted orange schrooms.Those mushrooms must be getting expensive,the two doctors want $60 for three schrooms exactly like yours.

Here,you DO NOT get corals like that at those prices....even for frag size.

Wish I had more $$ to spend. This LFS just opened a few weeks ago and they got some really cool stuff. I had no idea the prices were so good. I haven't shopped coral prices on the internet all that much, so I had nothing to compare the prices too.

They got a powder blue trumpet coral with 2 polyps about 1.5" each. $19
There's some cool pumpkin orange ricordia on a small rock for $15
A purple favia or purple brain (I know it's LPS and it's got that brain coral look) for $23.
They have more blastos and Acans for cheap prices too. It's almost worth the money to buy a couple extra frags of the same thing. Then frag them and sell some in 6 months.
Oh, almost forgot, a violet/purple encrusting monti about 3" square for $21

Hmmmmm,do they have a website they sell through?

Just to let you know Live Aquaria has a 1''x1'' Acan Lord for $80 and $130 for a 2''x2'' one.I'm in the south,things suppose to be cheaper.

No website.

I can go back this weekend and take pics of all this stuff if any of you want them. It's warm enough to ship with a couple warmers in the box.

Sweet Corals...anything Aussie especially Acan Lords are the IT corals and are usually wicked expensive GREAT deal!

Back