new creature found

ZOOT098

Reefing newb
i have a habit of standing in front of my tank at night with a flashlight looking for critters i dont see during the day

found a bristle worm cruising around my cabbage coral that had to be 6" long and 1/4" wide

tried to get a picture but couldnt get the focus right

no question just thought it was kind of cool, im assuming from previous posts that i can leave him in there

Got several of those myself.Wouldnt trade my bristle worms for nothing.

I thought I was the only that watched the tank in the dark.

I haven't seen any bristles yet. Did see a couple spegetti worms comming out of the rock. Think my yellow goby might of snatched them up. I have tons of the little slug like creatures though, awesome cleaners. I think they are called stometella ????

yote i get accused of being.....whats the word my wife uses......oh...insane because of checking the tank out at night after lights out

yote i get accused of being.....whats the word my wife uses......oh...insane because of checking the tank out at night after lights out

Dude,You should have seen the look on my wifes face when she noticed me watching my tank with the night vision scope on my AR-15:bounce:
Now that look was priceless.:D

hey yote
lets say that even though you told me to kill the lights and get out what cyano i could by siphoning, that i went ahead and used the chemclean also(never again)

how do i get my skimmer to quit going insane??

did a water change, have had to have the skimmer off for like three days now, thing just foams like crazy

by the way...i almost like looking in my tank with the lights out as much as i do with them on

Your skimmers going to do that untill all the chemi-clean is out of the water.Thats its job,to clean crap out of the tank.Could take a couple of weeks to settle back down.That foam is the antibotics along with the dead bacteria thats in the water.

I'll admit that I'd rather watch my tank after the lights are off for the night.And I get as excited over finding those hitch hikers I didnt know about as I do getting a new coral.

ok yote i will do the change

your right night viewing is awesome, everytime i do it i see something i didnt see before..never fails

ok im out...lisa lamponeli is on comedy central
funniest women in stand up

I had a peanut worm in my tank for a bit. It looked like a night crawler (earthworm) but it had a head and mouth. Ugly SOB. I ended up catching it and killing it.

Need some peanut worms Rc?I got about a 1,000 I could part with:mrgreen:My rock crawls with worms at night.Looks plum weird at night with worms hanging between rock and sand.

Back