new critter in my tank

kenlo

Reefing newb
hi folks. Im new into saltwater and i have this guy that came with as a hitchicker and i have no clue what it is even though it looks coll and goes all around the glass, powerhead..u call it!! I have some soft corals and thats my concern!!!.
Can you plz tell me what it is and the specific name if you know to do some research on this guy??
thanks a lot

Attachments

• nudibranch.jpg
    nudibranch.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 413
  • nudi 1.jpg
    nudi 1.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 427
The pictures look like a nudibranch to me. I wouldnt really be worried about it nuking your tank, I would be more concerned about giving it proper food. The love algae, however they are sort of notoriously difficult to keep. If I were you I would see about bringing him back to the LFS where you bought the rock and see if you can get some store credit at the very least.

Looks like a nudi to me. Not all will nuke your tank if they die, but they are very hard to keep because most are obligate feeders and considering we dont know the species of nudi, we cant tell you what that guy is going to eat. It might eat algae, it might eat a specific species of coral, it might eat flatworms . . . who knows. I think your best bet is to return the guy or try and figure out where that rock came from to attempt to find the species.

Back