New critters/ hitch hikers

ReeferRob

Reefing newb
So M and I are looking over the 57 this morning as the sun's going down, my tanks are on at night off during the day. I see 6 little lettuce nudibranchs cruising around on the glass just mowing the hell out of algae. They have to be tough to survive the rock cookout that they just went through, lol. I'll clean the glass tonight and shoot some photos.

Little bastards finally came out. Not sure if they're nudibranchs or some sort of cowrie. I can tell you this, I WILL NOT poke the damn things to figure it out. There's too many things that will end you in the ocean in the mollusc family.

9WjJhqG.jpg

ZatI32w.jpg

y8XrzE2.jpg

One of my Chernobyl starfish. None of these things have all of their arms and none has more than 2 full arms so that's why we call them Chernobyl stars, lol.
1KtAPPw.jpg

I've read bumblebee snails are in the whelk family and will go after clams, also I have bumblebees in my tank and asterinas and they don't eat them.

Lol I missed that detail:confused::p
Detail missage MIGHT kill ya one day, RIF!

OK, Bumblebee shrimps are inbound Thursday night. I'd rather not kill them, ordered a mated pair Harlequins as well. Might just snag a few out of there and feed them to the Harlequins too if the Bumblebees don't do it.

Here's some more stuff from M's tank. I'm guessing Berghia nudibranchs? I added a new piece of rock that came in a few weeks ago so whatever it is, it's indigenous to Indonesia. And a few more just because.

YNff4CO.jpg

uws0eRG.jpg

9SirlyN.jpg

fxFJzyS.jpg

That's the one that didn't get cozy with the wavemaker Aquarian.

Like I said, he even looks at something else and I'll squash his ass like a bug. I have a Monti cap in the tank of some sort. It seems to be all about algae, not aiptasia though.

Back