New discovery!

Shane1

Reefing newb
I found a couple new things in my tank this morning and would like some help figuring out what they are. Here are the pics TIA
Also if you have any picture taking advice I will take that to. My pics arent coming out very sharp. Its like the camera cant find a focus spot.

The first one is the tube in the center of this pic. It looked alot like a multi colored feather duster sticking out of the top.
DSCF1410-1.jpg

The second thing is just to the left of center. The brown tube with the tentacles on top.
DSCF1414-1.jpg

Second one looks like aptasia or Mojano (i would kill it with aptasia x)

the first one sounds like a feather duster, but a better picture would help confirm that

hope I am wrong but looks like aptasia to me.. pest.. spreads really quickly aptasia x will combat it for ya..

Yep....2nd one is aiptasia...KILL IT! Joe's Juice or AiptasiaX (I've used X and it worked--make sure to turn all flow off)

Finding new things is always fun :D

I found an article that says concentrated lemon juice injected into the tube will kill it as well, at a fraction of the cost. Have you all ever tried or heard of that?

Yep, worked, but they spread. I even boiled the lemon juice so it was red hot. You see every time you kill one, they shatter essentially, and release loads of spores/eggs into the water.
But with Aiptasia X it does not do this. I say it would be worth the 10 bucks for the product that works instead of alternatives that somewhat work.

Yep, worked, but they spread. I even boiled the lemon juice so it was red hot. You see every time you kill one, they shatter essentially, and release loads of spores/eggs into the water.
But with Aiptasia X it does not do this. I say it would be worth the 10 bucks for the product that works instead of alternatives that somewhat work.

10 bucks is reasonable. I read some other posts that had said it was 40 bucks a bottle.

Q: When you use Aiptasia X to kill aiptasia, will the nitrates go up? or does the Aiptasia X takes care of that to?

Back