New Duncan and Zoathids - and they opened!

Thanks Piggy! I must say, you have been really encouraging with getting into corals.

I think I am totally hooked now that the new corals are doing well. Now if I can just get to the point where I can add the green closed brain and a birds nest, and get my wifes approval on the expense :mrgreen: (Yeah, I could buy it anyway but that just comes with so much more baggage).

You can handle a brain coral. They are easy to keep. I feed mine now and then but it's not necessary. Which one do you want?

I'm looking for a closed green brain coral (it's the only one I have seen and researched) to add possibly next month or in October. I think they look really nice. I find the more I add the more interested my wife and kids are in the tank. Of course, I stick with cheaper, easier to care for corals. I actually have a list but can't add them all at once.

Duncans are my absolute favorite coral. We have just one head, but it is getting huge. It closes up from time to time for about an hour or so, but seems to be open around the clock.

We had some zoanthids that took about a week to open, others open within minutes of being placed in the tank after acclimation.

Back