New Era Flakes

Banana Man

Reefing newb
Hi,

I recently got 2 juvenile clowns and a bicolour blenny. I have been feeding them with New Era Flakes, the one with Shrimp, etc. I have been feeding them about a square inch twice a day as they eat this amount in about 2 minutes but i just want to make sure that im not underfeeding them as it seems such a small amount of food?

Thanks!

+1 kelz...I feed once a day, some feed every other day, and some with more established tanks can even go a few months between feedings :D

Also try to feed some frozen mysis as well. Gives variety.

So 1 square inch per day! It amazes me how an animal that must use up alot of energy because of the constant movement can survive on such small amounts. Also, the bicolor blenny was eating bucket loads of green algae for the first few days but thats all gone now so i was thinking if he wants to eat that much every day i should be putting in 5 times the food i was doing! Thanks for the reply's.

. Also, the bicolor blenny was eating bucket loads of green algae for the first few days but thats all gone now so i was thinking if he wants to eat that much every day i should be putting in 5 times the food i was doing! Thanks for the reply's.

You can get garlic seaweed dry and peel off small pieces and anchor it down in the tank. After a while if he hasnt eaten it or eaten all of it remove it. I used to hand feed my bicolored blenny. He would sit in my hand and eat. Loved that fish.

You can get garlic seaweed dry and peel off small pieces and anchor it down in the tank. After a while if he hasnt eaten it or eaten all of it remove it. I used to hand feed my bicolored blenny. He would sit in my hand and eat. Loved that fish.

Hmmm, that gives me an idea. From what i understand, the New Era food doesn't leech into the water so i could add in a strip of this and anchor it to the glass with my magnetic glass cleaner and then remove any leftovers. Not sure if it will break apart in the water though after a bit of time. Could i end up over feeding with this method as i understand that fish will eat anything you put in front of them, even if it's far too much?

Those little boogers will eat until their stomach pops if you let them. The algae sheets would be a good idea though, not too sure about the flakes the may get all mushy, but I have never fed with them so im not sure.

iwould feed my clowns first so they didnt eat it and i had a clip i put a piece of the algae sheet in it and suctioned to the glass also. Would leave in for a hour and then remove it. usually he would eat most of it.

Back