New Firefish

Ulta

REEFER
Hey guys, I just got a new Firefish Goby today. :)

Hes drip acclimating now.
100_1211.jpg

I was wondering what to feed them? All I have is pellets... since I know they are quite skiddish I was wondering if he would actually come out to feed on the pellets like the clowns do when I feed? or not?

Pretty! Mine eats anything I toss in the tank -- frozen mysis, spiruline, pellets :) Don't be surprised if he tries to squeeze himself under a rock :) He's just making his hidey hole.

OMFG! You would not believe what happened when I put him in the tank! >.<

I just put him in the tank and he sat there for a sec kinda "looking around" he sunk down to about mid level of the tank then literally like FIVE SECONDS after I put him in he darted super fast toward the top back of my tank and DISAPPEARED!

I had to blink twice and was like wtf..... then I realized what happened I look behind my tank and he is ON THE FLOOR!!!! So I quickly grabbed him and threw him back in the tank! >.<

I just made custom egg crate to cover the tank but had to take it off to put him in the tank! I didn't think he would dart out after FIVE SECONDS OMG!!

lol, so he's in the tank with the egg crate covering him this time! He seems to like it pretty well hasn't ducked in any rocks or anything yet just kinda scoping it out he even met the other fish right away! xD

Hence the name Dartfish LOL

Glad you found him quickly. Don't underestimate him, though...people have said these fish will jump out of the smallest holes...if they can fit it, they can jump it.

Good save, I've had a couple of theese guys do the old carpet surfing trick. But watch out for the clowns. Mine antagonized the firefish. It might not happen to you, but just be on the look out.

Wow... I can say it is amazing how fast they "dart".

Hopefully, yours will come out often. :)

great looking fish glad you made the save

WOW I was just looking at them... Maybe I will wait unti I can put my tops back on. Good save and congrats on the new addition

Sorry I didn't see this sooner. Once a firefish has found a good hiding place he calls his own, he will probably not jump again.

mine has been out of the tank 3 time's 1 when i first bought it did the same thing 2 when i up graded to the 90 and 3 when the power went out for like 3 hrs.. just a little advise if you are in a power out prone area like we are with the florida summer afternoon thunderstorm's then ya might wanna keep an eye out..:Buds:

Back