New fish addition.

ReefWannabe

Reefing newb
Well My tank has been doing well, has apparently started growing 3 colors of coraline. So I went yesterday to get a green chromis.. Of course their sold out lol. So I bought what was said to be a scooter blenny. I knew he wasnt, hes actually a lawnmower blenny. But they had him marked down cheap. And hes cute so I snatched him out of that hell hole. What type of algae do they normally eat? The only algae I have other than the coraline on my rocks growing, is some diatoms. Will he munch on diatoms at all?

Hes been happily hiding in holes in my LR lol. I see him every so often. He takes flake, not sure how redily, but I did see him eat some at the store. I have some nori tied to a rock next to his hole just incase.

Found a hermit molt.... I was like wtf... a hermit died??? cuz I only found his front half, so I figured he got ate. But low and behold, I found all 3 still munching away.

This will be my last fish until after my move in June. Im working on my canopy. So far I got my piano hinges and all for the top. Just scouting for some plastic vents for the gravity hole. Then ill get fans next.

Sorry so long, just thought Id give a basic rundown of the tank so far!!!

they really like long hair this is why they call them lawnmower blenny they will eat green and brown from the glass altough very hard to keep in a new tank sometimes they will eat flakes altough i never seen my do this other then my scooter when they act this way its because they dont have enough of there natrul food which is green algae -long hair-copepods-some species brine shrimp think as the lawnmower blenny as a red leg hermit they pretty much eat the same hope this helps keep us posted

Last edited:
Back