New fish devolped spots overnight

MYSTIC78

somewhat experienced newb
I need some help. im not sure if its ich but I introduced this purple tang into my 125 gal. tank yesterday and today hes coverd in spots. I took him out cause I don't want everybody else to get infected . im not sure what it is or what I should do.20130628_142907.jpg . 20130628_145016.jpg.

Attachments

• 20130628_142907.jpg
    20130628_142907.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 650
  • 20130628_145016.jpg
    20130628_145016.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 646
Its hard to believe that your fish went from nothing to that in 1 day. All your fish now have it and i would just leave it in there and mix up some garlic in their food. Tangs will aggressively eat meat too, so mix it up and feed the tank. If you wanna give it some instant relief, match some fresh water in a bowl and leave the tang in for 3 minutes. Watch the little spots pop right off. This is not a cure but will give some much needed help.

If he's eating, leave him in the tank. Chasing him around with the net, throwing him in a tiny container (for any period of time) and plopping him back in the tank is way more stressful than the ich itself is.

he's dead. I took him out before leaving for work and when I returned he was completely white. unreal. none of my other tank inhabitants seem to have it.

It was most likely stress, if that ever happens just leave the fish be. All of your fish have Ich, they're just not showing signs of it be sure they're healthy and unstressed.

Ich does not take a fish in one day, it was way past its last fin before it was introduced. Even if it was stressed you wouldnt loose a fish that quick. The whole bowl method is a last case break if a fish is that consumed by ich. There was no chance that fish would have survived with the traditional livingreefs method of "if it eats leave it be." Alot of fish still eat right up until they die. By the time you notice they are done eating, it is far to gone to try other methods. Hyposalinity needs to be preformed in early on stages of the ich, so you might as well just take the fish out and freeze it. Go uv light!

Or you could... you know. Make sure your fish are happy and healthy and not stressed instead of putting a bandaid on it. Whatever works for you.

Back