new fish, odd behavior.

old 5k0ol

Scurrilous
i just added a female leopard wrasse to my tank and she swims the same loop over and over. is this normal or should i be worried?

She's probably fine, all fish act weird when they first go in a tank. You're lucky, I didn't see any of my leopards for the first week they were in the tanks.

yea i was warned of this too but kind of a pleasant surprise. i was nervous while she was acclimating she just kinda layed to her side but perked up right after.

They lay on their side becasue they normally dive into the sand and sleep there, but they also go there if they feel threatened. If yours is out and about, I'd say its better than having her dive into the sand.

My Black Leopard Wrasse was in the sand for almost a week before it was comfortable

Northstar, have you posted any pics of your leopard? I didn't know you had one let alone a black one.

Old 5kool, you need to post pics of the new guy too.

It'll take him some time for him but, eventually he'll get used to the photo period on your tank.

IMG_5354.jpg

IMG_5356.jpg

IMG_5357.jpg

IMG_5358.jpg

IMG_5359.jpg

when I can, I will get a pic of the new girl.

BL1, I will post photos tonight, I've been slacking.

The Black Leopard is doing well. It shows some interest in frozen, its obviously picking stuff off the rocks, and it goes absolutely crazy for Formula I and Formula II flake food

she isn't eating as well as the rest but she did get one piece.

BL1, I will post photos tonight, I've been slacking.

The Black Leopard is doing well. It shows some interest in frozen, its obviously picking stuff off the rocks, and it goes absolutely crazy for Formula I and Formula II flake food

Mine took a while to get eating frozen. I kept them in QT for almost 3 weeks until they started eating it well enough to let them free in the DT.

Back