new fish to my DT

ReefKeeper

TalkingReef Live co-host
as promised in another thread ... here is my Chevron Tang that i moved from the frag tank to the display tank.

chevrontang.jpg

thanks Biffy !! i traded a mandarin for the Chevron AND Sohol Tangs. they both had MHLLE pretty bad but they are coming around. i doubt the Sohol will ever get to the display tank, but i can always leave him in the 8' frag tank.

SOMEDAY... I will have an achilles tang... Sigh... Someday...

Sounds like a freakin awesome trade. How'd you pull that off? Mandarins usually sell for about 1/3 of either of those fish!

i did the trade because they had MHLLE and the previous owner did not know how to get them back to good health. after a lot of reading i have made a change to their diet ... and WALAAA they are both coming around nicely. you could BARELY tell what the Sohol was. the Chevron was not as bad ... but he looks great now.

Fish looks great, and so does what I can see of the tank! Glad to see someone giving the fish a better enviorment.

thanx bobby, everything is coming along nicely. i just added my second remote DSB to the sump so as soon as the bacteria establishes i might get 1 or 2 more fish, but not quite sure which one yet. any one have any suggestions ?? in the tank right now are these tankmates ...

Blue Hippo Tang
Purple Tang
Chevron Tang
2 Mis-barred True Perculas
Yellow Watchman/Pistol Shrimp
and ...
The Mandarin

Good looking Chevron.

Its surprising just how many people buy a tang and thank that all they need to be healthy is some frozen mysis and a few blood worms.

i have been trying to get a Black Tang for a long time, but i can not justify that much money for one fish to my wife !! i will keep looking for a deal on one though.

anthias are great fish, but not really my cup of tea. i am more of a rare fish kind of guy. and before anyone suggests a Gem Tang ... i cant afford one !! lol

good suggestions though ... keep them coming.

How about a nice colorful wrasse?There's so many beautiful ones,I don't know where to start.How about a McCosker's or Velvet Multicolor.I really like the Scott's Fairy.

How expensive are Black Tangs?
Aren't you in a little bit of a pickle?......rare=$$$$.

Like OMG!

They don't even look that great!no offense to people who likes them.I'd rather buy a pair of Helfrichi and then slap myself for doing it.

Yeah, the gem tang is listed as $3499 on that website.

On Reef Central there's a thread about "What's the most expensive fish that you would NOT want?"

And gem tang came in at #1, by far. Why? As one poster put it, "gem tangs. Ugly as all get out and more expensive than my car is."

i dont think they are ugly, but i cant see spending THAT much of my hard earned money on 1 stinkin fish. i could have 2 more HUGE systems for that price !!

Back