New fish to replace......

ccCapt

Reef Hacker
I had an incident about a week or so ago. Basically what happened was a coral I had epoxied to my back glass got too big and fell. In a mad scramble to get the coral upright, I cause a little landslide (which also led to some auto fragging). Anyway, about 4 hrs later everything was secure and back together.........except I'm missing a fish. My 4 yr old 2-spot bristletooth tang is no where to be found. :(

So off to the LFS to get a replacement. Naturally the only 1 they have looks like crap, so no replacement this trip. But no way do I drive an hour and come back empty handed. :)

Pair of 3" Zebra Barred Dartfish currently in qt. I can't get any clear pics in that qt...I knew I should have cleaned the glass.
zebra-bar1_5-10.jpg

zebra-bar2_5-10.jpg

zebra-bar3_5-10.jpg

Nice additions Larry, did you get them at Northampton?

I was there Sat. I wanted to try out their home made fish food.
Yes Mike, I went down there 1st thing Sat morning (so I would be home in time for the Flyers game) for the 25% off 1 fish sale hoping to either get a new tang or possibly a male Lamarck angel. The 1 tang I wanted looked 1/2 dead and the Lamarck was way too small. Those 2 fish cost me like $26. :)

I've been using their homemade frozen food exclusively for a few years now. The stuff is great. I usually pick up 2 or 3 packs when I go there, but I didn't need any this time since I still have 2 in the freezer.

I seen that male Lamarck. He was small

Besides the food, I called earlier in the week about potters wrasses they had in stock. The one in their display looked great, but you know the rule. Nothing sold out of the display tanks. The other one didn't eat and looked anorexic, so I passed on it. I thought I could take advantage of the coupon too!

So after a 7 day PraziPro treatment plus another week for observation, I put them in my tank. The Lamarck does not like them, but they are fast and already dug themselves a little escape burrow. I've also come to the conclusion that they are impossible to take or good pic of...or I suck at taking pics. Either choice is believable. ;)

zebra-bar1_5-14-10.jpg

zebra-bar2_5-14-10.jpg

zebra-bar3_5-14-10.jpg

Very nice, capt! I think you've been taking "how to take good bad picture" classes with Dennis cuz he can't take a bad shot either :D

Back