New fish !

here she is!! coloring is a little dull since she is stressed. will take pics after i get corals and everything else settled

image086.jpg

why does everybody float the bag, if the drip is slow enough the temp will slowly change anyway so i figure its just a wastee of time

wow thats a fine lookin fish you got there

I float the bag. I open the top of the bag and curl down the edges so it creates and air pocket. This allows the bag to float with the top of the bag exposed. I add some tank water every 15 minutes for about an hour. Net the fish and viola!

why does everybody float the bag, if the drip is slow enough the temp will slowly change anyway so i figure its just a wastee of time

wow thats a fine lookin fish you got there

Why not float the bag? It only takes a few extra minutes. Why take a chance with any fish that can cost tens if not hundreds of dollars?

Holy Smokes.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLnWf1sQkjY"]YouTube - The Lonely Island - Jizz In My Pants[/ame]

I used to just drip for 1-3 hours first, then float for maybe 20min for the temp. Now, I float the bag in the return sump, while dripping from the intake section of the sump, which is raised up higher :D Why take a chance? You spent all that money on the fish, and spent all that time dripping, why not adjust the temp as well?

I don't drip acclimate the fish, since they don't osmoregulate (sp?) like inverts, is it really necessary? I do temp acclimate.

I don't drip acclimate the fish, since they don't osmoregulate (sp?) like inverts, is it really necessary? I do temp acclimate.

yea if the tankss water is different than the water in the bag it could cause the fish to go into shock, many fish are super sensitive to rapid water changes, now i only do that for the expensive fish, like mandarins/tangs/butterflys/angels i do slowly
but like damsels/clowns whatever ill just change like half the water in the bag than scoop them out and throw them in.

i dont know if you spelt it right but every cell in most liveing organisms do that so sudden changes could cause the cells stress and thats just not good

Back